Stefan Vinke was first engaged by his Kirchenmusik- pedagogy and vocal studies at the Cologne University of Music in Karlsruhe and Mönchengladbach, before becoming a "teenager heroic tenor" of the "Nationaltheater Mannheim" between 1999-2005.
He had developed an extensive repertoire in a very short time and sang with great success the important technical roles such as Tristan, Florestan, Parsifal, Lohengrin, Siegmund, Erik, and Idomeneo, Don José and Hoffmann. In 2000, he was rewarded by the International opera magazine "Opernwelt" with the award "Young Singer of the Year".
In the following years, first became the US debut of the artist as Bacchus in Philadelphia a great success. Vinke took roles as Un Emigrante in Luigi Nono's Intolleranza, Andrea Chénier, Jim Mahony and Max. At the Grand Theatre de Geneve and at the Opéra Bastille Paris he sang Bacchus and after Tristan in Cologne and Lohengrin in Stuttgart took Vinke to Paul and this season also Un Emigrante at the Teatro La Fenice in Venice.
Since his debut as Siegfried in 2006 in the Robert Carsen Ring Cycle at the Cologne Opera, Vinke has sung the role in Venice, Lisbon, Strasbourg, Weimar, Deutsche Oper Berlin and at the Salzburg Easter Festival of 2010.
At the Leipzig Opera in recent years, Vinke took on the roles of Tristan, Rienzi, Parsifal, Eric, Lohengrin, Bacchus and Don José. Ever since he made his debut here in 2010 as Walther von Stolzing, Stefan Vinke one of the few tenors who sing and maintain the entire dramatic repertoire of Richard Wagner.
In the summer of 2011 he was in Bayreuth, in Meistersinger (Stolzing) and Tristan und Isolde (Tristan).
Major recent projects:
- Paul - Die Tote Stadt - Sydney
- Siegfried - Ring Cycle - London Covent Garden
- Lohengrin (title role) in Beijing
- Siegmund - Die Walküre in Leipzig
- Siegfried - Götterdämmerung - Stuttgart
- Parsifal (title role) - Leipzig
- Alviano - (Die Gezeichneten) - Cologne
- Siegfried - Ring Cycle - Seattle
- Siegfried - Ring Cycle - Melbourne
- Lohengrin - Hamburg
- Tristan und Isolde conc. - Madrid
- Die Soldaten - Paris - Salle Pleyel
- Parsifal (title role) - Deutsche Oper Berlin
- Siegfried - Götterdämmerung - Seville
- Der fliegende Holländer - Munich
- Ariadne auf Naxos - Stuttgart and Berlin
- Tannhäuser - Deutsche Oper Berlin
- Siegfried - Barcelona
- Siegfriend conc. - Boston Philharmonic
- Siegfried in Siegfried and Götterdämmerung - Bayreuth
- Wozzeck (drum major) - Chicago Lyric Opera
- Siegfried - Canadian Opera Toronto
- Die ägyptische Helena - Berlin
Among others, Stefan Vinke has worked with conductors such as Jeffrey Tate, Sir Simon Rattle, Lothar Zagrosek, Donald Runnicles, Ulf Schirmer on Jun Märkel, Leopold Hager, Michael Gielen, Adam Fischer, Markus Stenz, Dennis Russel Davies and Philippe Jordan.
In addition to his time on the operatic stage, Stefan Vinke is a sought-after concert singer whose repertoire covers all eras of music history. His concert tours have taken him throughout Europe, as well as North, Central and South America, Asia and Israel.